About Me

My photo
I read somewhere: "The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you somebedy else" (E.E.Cummings). This is just such a true statement for me. I tried to fit in, and felt out of place. With the passing years, having experienced lots of unpleasentness I have realized that it is impossible to be happy while trying to satisfy everybody and follow the conventions that don't really agree with me or do not fit in my life. Finding myself still...

Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's wish re: migraine

According to Wikipedia:
"Migraine is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by recurrent moderate to severe headaches often in association with a number of autonomic nervous system symptoms. The word derives from the Greek ἡμικρανία (hemikrania), "pain on one side of the head", from ἡμι- (hemi-), "half", and κρανίον (kranion), "skull".
Typically the headache is unilateral (affecting one half of the head) and pulsating in nature, lasting from 2 to 72 hours. Associated symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to light), phonophobia  (increased sensitivity to sound) and the pain is generally aggravated by physical activity. Up to one-third of people with migraine headaches perceive an aura: a transient visual, sensory, language, or motor disturbance which signals that the headache will soon occur. Occasionally an aura can occur with little or no headache following it. (...)"
 
Whatever you call it, however you describe it, it is an awful thing! Mine just feels like nuclear explosions in my head. I have eliminated some easy-to-recognize triggers already. Yes, my beloved CHOCOLATE! I have not tasted it for many months!  But who knows how many migraine attacks I have prevented.
As a migraine sufferer - I wish to myself and to all migraine sufferers to master the art of prevention and self control in the quest to freedom from migraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment