About Me

My photo
I read somewhere: "The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you somebedy else" (E.E.Cummings). This is just such a true statement for me. I tried to fit in, and felt out of place. With the passing years, having experienced lots of unpleasentness I have realized that it is impossible to be happy while trying to satisfy everybody and follow the conventions that don't really agree with me or do not fit in my life. Finding myself still...

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Life of Storm

Storm
Storm is a gorgeous looking dog. He has got long beautiful fur and a strong powerful looking build which gives him the looks of a grizzly bear. Very very devoted dog.
He is about 9 years old. He had been adopted by my partner before we knew each other. He took him from a local animal shelter and offered him a loving home. Storm apparently had been abondoned by two previous owners (one left him on his own on the streets - while he moved houses - so the neighbours rang the shelter for help; and the other  adopted him, then brought him back). After that, nobody could bond with him, as Storm was showing dissaproval and aggressive behaviour to all possible owners. Shelter Staff did not believe he would ever be adopted by anybody.
So, he was there in a cage, not happy with the whole world, when my partner saw him and immediatley decided that this was the dog for him. The shelter staff tried to discourage him, but he insisted and the cage was open. My partner took Storm by the collar, put his face close to him (to the horror of the staff) and told him 'You are mine and you are coming with me'. Then took him for a walk. Apparently, they made a bond straight away. The decision was made. The staff were very surprised and very happy for Storm.  And after a routine inspection of my partner's house  and completion of all the formalities, my partner was able to take Storm home.
They needed each other. Storm needed a loving home and my partner needed a company in his-till-then solitary struggle with his newly developed condition. He was suffering with severe pains all over his body (had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and depression). Just lost his job (as a result of his illness -' health and safety' they said) and his relationship broke up. So, he was alone till Storm came along into his life. Having Storm always by his side, making sure Storm was walked and groomed and fed, got my partner through most difficult times. He says if it hadn't been for Storm and responsibility for him, he would have ended his own life for sure. Relationship with Storm got him through depression and helped him deal with pain. So, this is really a story of love, of how a dog can save a human life.

No comments:

Post a Comment