About Me

My photo
I read somewhere: "The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you somebedy else" (E.E.Cummings). This is just such a true statement for me. I tried to fit in, and felt out of place. With the passing years, having experienced lots of unpleasentness I have realized that it is impossible to be happy while trying to satisfy everybody and follow the conventions that don't really agree with me or do not fit in my life. Finding myself still...

Tuesday 1 January 2013

A Street Cat Named Bob


A Street Cat Named Bob
"How one man and his cat found hope on the streets."
Finished reading it a day after Christmas. Loved it. Brought tears to my eyes. It is especially moving as it is a real and very rescent story written by the guy who is living it. "When James Bowen found an injuired, ginger street cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, he had no idea just how much his life was about to change. James was living hand to mouth on the streets of London and the last thing he needed was a pet."

It is a story of friendship between a man and his pet. It shows how a pet can change one's attitude towards life. From a very selfish, self-centred , heroine addict on a very slow way to recovery, to a caring pet owner and a friend. From an invisible street busker (in trouble)  to a Big Issue seller/ a street entertainer known and acknowledged by many. 'Bob, Big Issue cat' became world famous thanks to videos on you tube and touched hearts of many in London. They are still busking in London a few times a week. Next time, when I am in London I shall try a little trip to Covent Garden to see if they are there.
Soon, the story will appear on a big screen, produced by creators of 'Marley and Me'. I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment