About Me

My photo
I read somewhere: "The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you somebedy else" (E.E.Cummings). This is just such a true statement for me. I tried to fit in, and felt out of place. With the passing years, having experienced lots of unpleasentness I have realized that it is impossible to be happy while trying to satisfy everybody and follow the conventions that don't really agree with me or do not fit in my life. Finding myself still...

Thursday 20 June 2013

'Case Histories' (Kate Atkinson)

This is the second book by Kate Atkinson that I have read, and Gosh did I enjoy it... I only confirmed my-previously-made opinion that Kate Atkinson is a brilliant writer.

Different cases, in different time - yet all connected as one private detective - Jackson Brodie - investigates them. A mystery of a child that dissapeared over thirty years ago, a murder of a young women ten years earlier, a story of a young mother sentenced to prison for murder of her husband... All is revealed in the end but the reader is kept in anticipation as the facts are given out slowly and in moderation presented within a totally manipulated timeline - once we are in the present, than in the past, then something happens then we are reading about what happened just before, than again we are going back to the past, all a bit gloomy yet written in great style.
 
I am so pleased  that there are more books by Kate Atkinson in my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment