About Me

My photo
I read somewhere: "The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you somebedy else" (E.E.Cummings). This is just such a true statement for me. I tried to fit in, and felt out of place. With the passing years, having experienced lots of unpleasentness I have realized that it is impossible to be happy while trying to satisfy everybody and follow the conventions that don't really agree with me or do not fit in my life. Finding myself still...

Sunday 3 February 2013

Django Unchained (film 2012)

Loved it! Saw it today and loved it.
Lots of violence and blood though, but you would expect that from Tarantino. Set in the Southern part of States in 1858 - in the times of slavery - tells a story of a slave Django who gets freed by a bounty hunter (dr King Shultz) and gets trained as one himself. Having earned a lot of money as bounty hunters over the winter, they embark on a quest to free Django's wife (Broomhilda) from a cruel plantation owner Mr Candie. On the way, they see a lot of brutal treatment that slaves are subjected to. It is very sad to think that those acts of cruelty and exploitation of human beings were actually a norm in those times. While watching it, I was almost shaking with anger - as you do when you see such injustice. Yet, the story was made to look like and feel like an old fashioned Western movie. The main character is a hero, kills all the bad people and gets the girl.
I realise the film would not be everyone's cup of tea, but I will see it  again some time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment